Blackheads Be Gone
Many of us spend the summer going to the pool or beach, cookouts & enjoying many other outdoor activities. All of this extra time outside leaves skin vulnerable to more sun pollution and environmental damage. The warmer temperatures also lead to increased sweating & oil production. All of these factors can cause blackheads to appear on the skin’s surface. To avoid chronic blackheads and clogged pores try these simple skin care tips!
- Cleanse & moisturize twice daily.
- This may seem like a no-brainer, but I cannot stress this enough! The less you wash your face, the more dirt & grime will build up in your pores, in turn, cause more blackheads. You should wash in the morning to remove any oils or debris that may have collected in your pores throughout the night. Then you should wash again at the end of the day to clear out all of the build-up from the day. (Cleansers to try: Belleza’s 2/2 cleanser or Neocutis Exfoliating Cleanser.) It is also essential that you moisturize after cleansing to replenish the skin’s moisture balance. If you skip this important step, your oil glands will kick into overdrive and you’ll produce even more oil. (Try Belleza Ultra Light Moisturizer or SkinCeuticals Hydrating B5 Gel this summer)
- Exfoliate 2-3 times a week.
- It’s better to exfoliate the skin at the end of the day because it helps aid in the removal of dirt & oil that is has mixed together with dead cells built upon the surface of the skin. You should always cleanse your skin first, then, follow with a granular exfoliation. You should use gentle pressure (you don’t want to leave little tears or scratches on the skin) to massage the skin, moving in small circular motions for about 60 seconds, followed by a warm water rinse. (Try Revision’s Finishing Touch)
- 1-2 times a week use a “deep cleaning” mask.
- Treating your skin to a deep cleaning mask a couple times a week will allow for excess oils to be absorbed & impurities to be removed from the pores. (Try Revisions Black Mask)
- Once a month get a professional facial.
- Our professional grade Hydrafacial is done with a machine that simultaneously uses suction to remove debris from deep in the pores while infusing solutions into the skin to aid in exfoliation & hydration. This treatment will leave the skin invigoratingly clean & glowing.
If you remain diligent with these few simple steps, you can keep your skin healthy and clear all summer long!