Is the VI Peel™ Right For You?
The VI Peel is a medium-depth peel suitable for all skin types. It can improve the tone, texture and clarity of your skin and intended for those looking to reduce hyperpigmentation, improve acne and reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
The VI Peel is a blend of five different acids to exfoliate the skin:
- Trichloroacetic acid (TCA) is an exfoliant that stimulates collagen production to repair the skin.
- Retinoic acid (Vitamin A) promotes collagen and elastin production, and normalizes cell turnover.
- Salicylic acid, a beta hydroxy acid with anti-inflammatory properties, helps to clear out dead skin cells, making it an effective anti-acne ingredient.
- Phenol helps to dissolve skin cells while also acting as a numbing agent to minimize discomfort while the peel is on the skin.
- L-Ascorbic Acid (Vitamin C) is an antioxidant that stimulates collagen production, brightens the skin and reduces the production of melanin.
It is important to know there is some downtime associated with the ViPeel:
- 3-5 days of peeling when applied to the face.
- 5-7 days of peeling when applied to the body.
Within the first few days, you may experience itchy skin; this is the body’s response to skin regeneration. Applying the post-peel protectant will help minimize itching. If you currently use any topical acne or lightening products, you should discontinue use three days prior to treatment. Also, the area to be treated should not be exposed to the sun. Call the Hinsdale office and schedule your complimentary consultation to see if this treatment is right for you - 630-286-5050.